Composite Photograph on Metal - When Hope Beckons
Rebecca St. Pierre is a London, Ontario, photographer and writer who abandoned a science career to pursue her passion for the arts. In 2020, she started exploring composite photography techniques to promote protection of the rapidly disappearing natural world. With the aid of digital software programs, she merges elements of two or more of her photographs to create unique images of emotive, fictional worlds. Each intriguing piece of artwork encourages the viewer to pause and reflect on how ecosystems are interconnected, interdependent and indispensable. Rebecca's photography has been exhibited at the Ontario Legislative Building and the Art Gallery of Ontario and selected for the London Arts Council's Traffic Signal Box Wraps project.
- Care: wipe with a dry, clean microfibre cloth
- fade resistant
- made of recycled aluminum metal
- printed in London, Ontario
- designed to last 40 – 100 years, depending on care and environmental conditions
- images are printed and infused onto polished metal panels using a high-quality dye sublimation process